This app is based on django-modeltranslation: https://github.com/deschler/django-modeltranslation
It’s an alternative approach for i18n support on Wagtail CMS websites.
The modeltranslation application is used to translate dynamic content of existing Wagtail models to an arbitrary number of languages, without having to change the original model classes. It uses a registration approach (comparable to Django’s admin app) to add translations to existing or new projects and is fully integrated into the Wagtail admin UI.
The advantage of a registration approach is the ability to add translations to models on a per-app basis. You can use the same app in different projects, whether or not they use translations, and without touching the original model class.
- Add translations without changing existing models or views
- Translation fields are stored in the same table (no expensive joins)
- Supports inherited models (abstract and multi-table inheritance)
- Handle more than just text fields
- Wagtail admin integration
- Flexible fallbacks, auto-population and more!
- Default Page model fields has translatable fields by default
- StreamFields are now supported!
- Advanced Settings
- Registering models for translation
- Accessing translated fields
- Multilingual Manager
- Change Log